Mulhouse, a city that moves even its own citizens!
Karine is a border-crosser; living in Rixheim she crosses the border to Switzerland everyday to work in Basel. She wishes to share her favorite spots in and around Mulhouse.
It would be my pleasure to show you typical, or atypical, places that our region has to offer by either enjoying:
Walks on Foot:
- The heart of Mulhouse and through its market ;
- The heights of the Rebberg to see the city from above ;
- The hills of Rixheim ;
- The foothills of the Black Forest near our German neighbors; 20 minutes from Mulhouse you can enjoy a view of the Alsacian plains, the Vosges and even the Alps, weather permitting!
- Along the Rhone/Rhin canal, a rest-stop at the Guinguette, the Port of Kembs, or at Huningue Park ;
- Along the picturesque railway, bike-able between Dannemarie and Pfetterhouse (plan for a half-day).